9/28/11

emoth

this may be a shock to some of your systems,
so i urge, in the strongest possible terms,
listen to each video at your own discretion

in my never ending quest for good metal bands,
i end up looking through tons of wikipedia articles
and one of the bands i came across had a cool name
[i'm a sucker for well–named things]
so i look into them, and they're listed as being 'gothic rock'
normally this is not my cup of brutal, metallic tea
but i figured i'd give them a listen
[on youtube]
i wasn't just gonna download them on a whim,
because, just look at them

little did i know what i was in for
after a quick, innocent search,
i discovered something no man, woman, or child should ever hear:
the perfect emo/goth amalgam
they look like grown–up emo kids
but they dress in all black and have goth looking videos
musically, they're gothic rock all the way
but have lyrics that reek of emo–ness
they embody the worst of both emo and goth music,
with just a little bit of extra terribleness sprinkled on top

this is but a sampling
you've been warned
closure
my heart, your hands
i still lost
making the most
and, the coup de grâce, [i just] died in your arms

i told you, you shouldn't have listened

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sigh* You know, I never thought I'd actually have to admit to this. I was doing such a good job of hiding it.

I have owned 'My Heart, Your Hands' since it was a free iTunes download back in the day.

Go ahead. Judge me for my goth-y relapse. I do.

Post a Comment