3/5/10

synaxarion

so yeah, um... hi?
i dunno, i really don't
christ
so, yeah....

well that was odd
couldn't get any thoughts going
such is life inside my head after three, i guess
but, now that i've gotten kick–started,
let's get to it

so spring break is upon me/us/them
that's something to look forward to
i can go pig out on my parents' cooking,
instead of fast food
and i'll sure as hell have plenty of reading time
since i'm gonna need to get a good portion of that done
since my history prof is delusional
i'm not gonna read a 300 page book a week
not about urbanization in mexico
so i might as well get started on that
probly should study for my physics test, too
conveniently scheduled the tuesday i get back
along with needing to my honors option for psych
and writing an essay for russian
when the hell did profs forget what 'break' meant?
seriously
we have break so we don't have to do this shit

i love getting info about my degree requirements
especially after a significant amount of time has gone by
apparently i need extra natural science credits for my history degree
apparently i also need a cognate for my russian degree
wish someone would've told me about that sooner
that's gonna be fun to schedule with my advisor
especially since i have zero intention of staying here longer
i'm sticking to four years, goddamn it
i'm not paying any more money here than necessary
four years of my life is long enough to spend in one place

in continuing news about my life
my sleep schedule is as fucked up as ever
who didn't see that coming?
at least i'm getting sleep, that's something
better than being an insomniac like neal
'i don't sleep, cuz sleepin' gives ya cancer'
[anyone get the reference? anyone?]

i have to start planning my summer soon
i need to have a job this year
i can't get by another year doing nothing for four months
i need to make some goddamn money
fully free time for four months needs to be used productively
if for no other reason than so i don't feel like a complete bum
it's a common feeling that i never fix
but, i also say that every year
so we'll see what goes down

i had a, for lack of a better word, slightly comical convo today
i said something about mephisto being a common queer
[in reference to my line in the play, which says the same thing]
and somebody asked 'queer? really? can you say queer?'
to which i responded
'of all the people in the room who can say it,
i'm the only one who could get away with it fine'
which is true, i think
it at least makes sense
i'd rather be derogative to myself than have others do it
besides, it's kinda like a reclaiming thing
hey, if black people can call each other 'nigga',
i can call other gays 'queer'/'faggot'
only fair, yeah?

segue aside,
i feel like playing some video games
gta III, here i come

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few things:

First, loved your broken-in-the-brainpan moment.

Second, stop watching that damn TV show.

Third, according to my lesbian ex-roomie, you're spot on with the "queer" thing.

der mahdi said...

you have a lesbo ex-roomie?

Anonymous said...

If you ever get tired of GTA, you should pick up age of the kings. It's a computer game that's available for mac and pc

Anonymous said...

Yeah. Joyce. Lived with me in New York. She was British and probably the coolest chick I've ever met.

And the individual above me is correct- Age of the Kings is a solid RTS.

Post a Comment