2/16/10

symfonieën

i can't disguise i was hypnotized
lost a track, struggled back
i wanted easy stuff to please me
something in the dark began to squeeze me
seen it, there, there in the mirror
totally focused, no hocus–pocus
dare i give in to this thing gripping my skin
to win, thinking how to add

i lie down in the dust just under your eye
a scrap of paper, thin as vapor
filling my clothes like smoke
a couple of the wires in my heart are broke
i throw, i miss, something, nothing
dreams schemes, moments wasted
a taste i tasted, fate i'm fated
re–edited again then copy, pasted

when i wanna quit, i suffocate it
chew bubblicious, stress repetitious
vicious, i'm one outside you
up above the streets on the dc wire
higher, fire in my guts
in a rut, but what i've got
is in no can, no other human
but i do get lonely scared i'm phoney
as

the lights of the cars go by in a stream
seems like i stand pretty much unseen
but i open my eyes and beams come out

gimme, gimme symphonies
gimme more than the life i see
score rise up, angels play
and my loneliness gets blown away
gimme, gimme symphonies
gimme more than the life i see

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ho-ly shit.

Was browsing your page. Saw these lyrics.

You fucking listen to Dan Black too?!

Bitchin'.

der mahdi said...

at this point,
it's more surprising when we DON'T like the same music

Post a Comment