2/18/10

couvertpuis

i got a surprise today when i got up:
a bloody nose, which hasn't happened to me in years
then, walking back from the bathroom about ten minutes ago,
i got another one
i've never had two in one day before,
it's kinda disconcerting
i think it's a sign:
my nostrils are probly too dry

after much wrangling and bribing
i got me some pączki last night [apple and blueberry]
and they are fucking delicious
it's too bad they're only widely available around mardi gras
i'd eat my weight in these things in a year easy if i could
maybe i'm just not looking in the right spots

also, a note to everyone ever:
'pączki' is already a plural,
so you don't need to add an 's' to it
those delicious cake donuts we all know and love are pączki, not pączkis
a single one is called a 'pączek', lots of them are called 'pączki'
got it?
and, just cuz i'm feeling like dick,
it's pronounced 'paunch-key'
not 'punch-key', not 'patch-key', not 'paz-key'
it's a polish word, and slavic languages pronounce shit weird
trust me, i would know

one of my friends is having trouble with a girl he likes
at the moment, the whole asking–her–out thing
it's starting to get annoying, cuz it's been going on so long
and he's not the only one i've been hearing about lately, either
i've been told about so many people's relationships this semester
and i don't get why there was such a sudden increase
i really don't care about most of them in the least
and yet people still come to me to talk about them
i don't understand
also, on a similar note:
why do people keep asking me for relationship advice?
i really am the second–to–last person you want to ask
i've been single for almost three years now
i haven't actively pursued anyone in that time
haven't even had a fling
would you really want your relationship resting in my hands?
didn't think so

also, the olympics are on now
whoo?
one more thing for me not to watch

3 comments:

JK said...

Oh man. So apparently nobody down here knows what paczki are. I brought some into the office, thinking I was going to be nice, and instead everyone gave me a strange look when I offered them one. I have to admit I was a little bummed out by that.

der mahdi said...

that is pretty fucking depressing
how can you not like donuts?
especially ones with fruit filling and powdered sugar
that's also really surprising in illinois
considering how many pollacks there are

JK said...

You know that's exactly what I thought! The only person I found who knew what they were was my roomie who's from the City of Chicago. Of course, the other people from Chicago that I know had no clue what they were! GAH!!!

Post a Comment