11/24/10

the new movement

i'm writing this post on the bus to my hometown
where i'll be spending thanksgiving with my family
[and hopefully some of the few friends i still keep in touch with]
i don't think i've ever been on a bus ride this smooth before
cuz we all know how fucked up the roads are in michigan
and the ones in new york are just as bad, if not worse

also, it seems i have a new favorite cramped sleeping position
sitting, with my backpack in my lap
one foot on the footrest, the other curled underneath me
arms crossed over my bag, face down in my arms
and my head squarely pushing on the seat in front of me
that's how i've fallen asleep on every single trip i've taken this year
it seems to be developing into habit,
and i'm not sure if that's a good thing or not
at least i've managed to find a non–painful position
every other time i've fallen asleep on transit,
my neck always ends up in excruciating pain for a day or two

at any rate,
if anyone needs to get a hold of me,
i'm gonna be off the grid until monday at some point
which feels like a fucking treat after living in new york
fucking everyone's always wired into the system
no wonder they try to get away from it so often

speaking of getting away
i love coming back to places i haven't seen in years
it always gives me such a visceral reaction
tons of memories come flooding back,
and i get to see places i haven't seen in too long
fuck i missed connecticut

0 comments:

Post a Comment